OPM has a new video to help you educate your employees about their annuity benefits under the two most common Federal retirement systems: the Civil Service Retirement System (CSRS) and the Federal Employees Retirement System (FERS).
Your Federal Retirement Annuity – CSRS and FERS can help your employees understand:
- Which is my retirement system?
- How much of my salary is contributed to my retirement system?
- When can I retire?
- What service is creditable toward my retirement eligibility and annuity benefit?
- How can I estimate my monthly annuity benefit?
- What reductions could apply to my annuity benefit?
- How can I prepare for retirement?
The 51-minute video is available at www.opm.gov/RetirementOverview
Please note that this video is hosted by YouTube. If your agency blocks YouTube, consider requesting an exception from your IT department for OPM’s videos. If you can’t get an exception, please encourage your employees to watch at home or on their portable devices.