Vacant Janice F. Miller, USCIS/DHS/NRC
(816) 350-5500 x 5073
The mission of the KCFEB Veterans Affairs Committee is to support the Veterans in the federal community and to promote Veterans activities in the metropolitan area by providing a variety of services and activities for our nation’s Veterans.
Goals to Accomplish Mission
- Advertise, support activities associated with America’s Veterans.
- Promote the recruitment of veterans within the federal workforce.
- Sponsor seminars promoting the interests of veterans.
- Support federal agency efforts to promote veterans contracting, etc.
- Partnership with local Veteran Support organizations.
- Assist in education of Veterans regarding employment opportunities.
- Raise awareness/issues/concerns to appropriate federal agencies and management.
- Recruit willing volunteers to serve on the committee to promote veteran issues.
Programs & Program Coordinators
Jennifer King, CMMS
Committee Liasion Coordinator – Veteran Affairs Committee
Crisis and Homeless Coordinator
(816) 861-4700 x 57792
Veteran Crisis and Homeless Resources
Keith M. Jones, HUD
Kansas City STAND DOWN Coordinator
Heart of America STAND DOWN
Carla Tillmon, Dept of Labor
Woman Veterans Information Coordinator
Women Veteran Information
James Edwards, USDA-NITC
Education Benefits for Veterans Coordinator
Employment & Contracting Opportunities for Veterans Coordinator
Michael Ciliege, USDA-RMA
Events and Discounts for Veterans Coordinator
Current Events and Discounts
Please email if you know a discount/event or if you would like to be included on a distribution list for upcoming events and discounts
Janice F. Miller, USCIS/DHS/NRC
(816) 350-5500 x 5073
Health Insurance Affordable Care Act
Veteran Benefits and Information Links
Department of Veterans Affairs
Free Financial Aid (partial) Guide for Military and Veterans
Veterans Guide for Academic Aid and Programs
VA Burial and Memorial Benefits
VA Heartland Network
WW II Honor Flight Network
WW II Registry
Veterans Resource Guide
Military buy back for retirement information. (updated 06/11/12)
If you would like more information about this committee or would like to become a member please contact the FEB office at 816.823.5100.
Branches of Service