March 20, 2020
9:00 am - 12:00 pm
“Simple Steps to Starting Your Business” is a 3 hour workshop provided by SBA funded resource partners, SCORE. This will be held on Friday, March 20th at the Kauffman Foundation Conference Center.
Businesses have different challenges and problems when they are in the startup and growth phases. For these reasons, this workshop offers a balanced overview of essentials common to the majority of small businesses.
Start Up Basics focuses on the business idea or concept and assists the aspiring entrepreneur with identifying those key factors that may influence early success. For example – Startup Basics provides:
- an overview of the skills and tools you need when deciding to start a business
- the advantages and disadvantages of owning a business
- the most profitable form (legal entity) for your business
- the fundamentals of formation, organization, marketing, cash flow and funding sources
Several SCORE counselors will be on hand to assist with providing individual and/or more personalized service. There will be no selling of products or services; this is just designed as an awareness program for you to decide if opening a business is right for you.
- 9 – 9:15 Welcome/Open Remarks
- 9:15 – 930 Speaker
- 9:30 – 11:30 Session: “Simple Steps”
- 11:30- 12:00 Networking with SCORE Counselors
- 12:00 Adjourn
Venue: Ewing Marion Kauffman Conference Center